Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Reflections

My dear readers!
Sorry for being so neglectful (is that a word?). I am currently going through some things. Life is a bit stressful. This month is going by so fast that i can't take it! January is already almost over.
I was supposed to put this up a long time ago, but when i started writing it, i got side tracked and also got lazy so i didn't post. But there's no time like the present so here we go..


It's a new year and i have had the chance to look at all my blog posts. A reflection of sorts. It's funny how much "growth" has happened in the past year and i know this because it is documented right here on this blog. So i will be doing a review. Going through each blog post and thinking about where my mind was when i wrote it.

I started writing because i had a lot to say about a lot of things. Sometimes, these random thoughts had no audience so the best idea at the time was to create a blog where any random internet surfer who happened to find this link would be my audience. On the first day of 2010, i authored my first couple of posts New year and New Begining. i was excited about blogging and i was thinking about how i can make 2010 a significant year. 2009 now seems like a blurr...seems like so long ago. In On to the next one? JayZ's new video for his single of the BP3 album had me puzzled. There have been rumors of is ties with the illuminati and this video seemed to be evidence of that at the time. I'm a fan of his music and i feared that i would have to stop listening to JayZ. Now? I listen to his music with skepticism because rumors are an exaggerated version of truth....somehow..right?
Fed up shows my frustration with a situation i was dealing with. I was dealing with a cycle of disappointments from a certain individual and was a afraid to break the cycle. I was angry at the person but even more so angry at myself for allowing one person to control me in that manner. One of my biggest victories this past year was breaking that cycle. The month of January 2010 was a month of confusion. I lost a friend (Wanted: Part time friend) and gained an understanding of human nature.
In February, I became a year older and was annoyed by Valentines day. I still don't understand why this "holiday" even exist because there was bloodshed on this day. A friend of mine had a conversatiion about v-day and i realized that women are the most complicated creatures on the planet so i posted this.
My last semester of college had me extremely lazy. I didn't want to do ANYTHING! All i did was sleep and travel. lol I can't really remember what inspired relations and maybe that's why it sucks. I just re-read it and it is terrible. I realized that every time i write on a whim, it awful because i'm not really saying anything. April was also a month full of me writing on a whim. Nothing of substance in those posts so i won't even bother writing about it. Honestly, my last semester is a blurr right now. I remember sleeping and traveling. And eating. That's it!
May. i graduated and opened a new chapter in life. I didn't think graduating was a big deal until the actual day. I was floored by all the love and support my family and friends gave me. Truly overwhelmed with love. It felt great. Then after all that passed, i realized that i needed money. I had no job and as you can see, i posted 14 times in june lol I had all this time on my hands so why not lol
June and July were probably the best months of my entire 2010. I did a lot of self discovery. The poem i posted was like a slap of reality which i thoroughly enjoyed. Made me learn a lot about myself and how i interact with people. I forgave some things and finally let go of those things which were holding me back and to be honest, it is the most amazing feeling to be able to just forgive because you have no control on what people will do to you. You can only control how you respond to what they do. The entire summer was full of me just reflecting and really diving deep and writing from the heart. The posts became a little more personal.
In the fall, it seems i was a little angry lol I won't list all my posts but i can tell i was on edge for a majority of the time. This is probably in huge parts due to my job and just adjusting to being a professional. The stresses from the real world assure me of how much i cannot wait to go back to school. I can't wait to realize my dreams and accomplish my goals. \
It's 2011 and this year is off to an okay start. I have a lot of things to get done so please forgive me if i don't post as regularly as you would like to read.

peace&love

No comments:

Post a Comment