3 women i know have become engaged in the last couple of months. I was able to witness one of the proposals and it was most likely one of the most beautiful things i have seen in 2011. This display of love was so powerful and amazing that i was moved to tears. When something touches you to the core in that way, there is no questioning it. Many of the posts on this blog question a topic i have had a difficult time dealing with. The topic of love and what exactly is this thing we call love? What is this thing which confuses the human mind so much. Anyway, I witnessed a man go down on one knee and tell the love of his life how much he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. This was a surprise he had been planning for several months. She was so shocked and cried so much! it was beautiful. The love in that room was almost palpable. I was overwhelmed and i honestly dont remember the last time i felt that way. It wasn't a prolonged moment, but it lasted enough to have an impression. At a certain point, i began questioning why i was so happy for my recently engaged friends. I feel like i was extra happy for them, almost like i was the one in their shoes. It dawned on me that seeing or hearing about someone taking their relationship to the next level gives me so much hope that i can't help but be happy. I have grown up thinking love is doomed. Other than my parents, i can't count think of any couple who have survived love, so to speak. I can't think of any couple i know personally who are still together and are as inlove as the time they first met. Therefore, hope is restored a little in me every time i hear about things like these. Maybe i am a hopeful romantic after all. I can only hope that one day, i can give someone as much joy as these people have given me.
Something which i am also constantly moved by lately, is the birth of a child or when a child is being affectionate towards their mother. Whether i see it on TV or in life, it is like something is triggered in me which results in a feeling i can only describe as joy. I know my hormones are 100% responsible for this behavior because anyone who knows me knows i'm not kin to having those type of feelings. I figure i am going through some type of emotional growth and honestly, i am glad that i am. I used to question why i would never get emotional over certain things but now i know that maybe i wasn't emotionally mature at the time. I am fully welcoming these changes i am experiences. Growth is the motive
Peace&l0ve
Monday, September 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment