Friday, August 26, 2011

Re-discovery

For the last two months, I've been inspired by so many things and people. I've learned some more things about people and about human nature in general, which i will, of course, share here. I've been consumed, in the last few months, by the work i needed to do towards my career. It's crazy what one is willing to do for something they really want. It's also crazy what something you want can affect your mental state.
Two words have resonated with me this summer which are Faith and Believe. In the blogs posts to come, i will explain how these words have impacted me and my overall attitude toward them.
I have to confess a couple of things.
1. I have been indulging in LIFE too much to actually sit down and write.
2. I get riled up by a topic in the morning and by the end of the day, i have lost my passion. I realized that this happens now because i have a job. At the end of my day, the last thing i want to do is sit in front of a computer

When you are young, people ask you what you want to be when you grow up. The answer you give is someone reflective of the environment you grow up in. Sometimes the answer changes over the course of time and sometimes it does not. When you're older and actually start to work towards the path that will lead you to that answer, a lot of different things come into play. A lot of unforeseen obstacles and things throw you off. Some people get discouraged and give up on their dream. They settle for things short of what they are truly capable of. This isn't because they want to settle but mostly because they are tired of fighting. Tired of the obstacles and wanting to move on with their lives, knowing that time waits for nobody. I used to be so quick to be critical of people who settle or let go of their dreams without fully realizing them. I guess being naive will do that to you. I am now in the position of "chasing my dream" so to speak and it would be a lie to say it is not exhausting but good thing i am not tired yet. I just hope i continue fighting. I honestly don't even know how i will feel if i became tired and settled. I am still trying to see the word "settle" in a more positive light. I know for sure though, that i will not stop until i know i have exhausted all possibility and i know for sure that God has something else planned.

peace&love

No comments:

Post a Comment