I took british airways from Boston logan to Heathrow airport in London. I am
here with an hour left on a four hour layover.The journey so far hasn't been too
bad. I overpacked. as usual. my carry on bags are heavy and as a result i have sore
shoulders. On my flight from Boston, i sat next to a friendly man and who was
traveling to wales with his family. I thought it would be a nightmare where the kid
would keep crying but turned out the man was very pleasant and made
conversation. The flight was 6 hours long but as soon as i ate and drank, i fell
asleep, and when i opened my eyes, we were flying over the U.K.
We landed in Heathrow and had to go through security. It was the MOST inefficient security i have ever gone through.They have one metal detector at each station. As i walked through the metal detector, the thing went off and i literally got felts up by the security agent. All over my body.Then they proceeded to open my bags and go through each item. I'm sure the lady going through my bag wondered how i was able to fit everything i had in there.
Anyway, i sat down at a sitting area and logged on to Wifi. Sent some emails, talked to a couple of people and made my way to the terminal from which i would be flying to Accra. However, I made several observations in Heathrow; -British men LOVE skinny jeans. like LOVE. i don't think i've ever seen this many skinny jeans in one setting at one time
-I cant quite put my finger on it, but their (brits as a whole) mannerisms are really weird.
-I can't tell if they are nicer than americans or just more polite.
-That accent gets annoying
I'm pretty sure i'm jetlagged because i am extremmeeeely tired! My body feels sleep deprived and sore! i hope the bed i will be sleeping on is comfy because i'm not about this at all. I also have this headache which i'm sure is the result of my tiredness.
I am now at gate C62.The gate i will be flying to Accra from. I think it's odd that this terminal is located in the backkk of the airport. Like it's hidden from the rest of the airport and isolated from everyone else. [Things that make you go Hmm.] There are, of course, several Ghanians here and other black people. i recognize a family who flew on the same flight with me all the way from Boston. Funny thing about black people flying.When you walk by, they all give you this look like oh, you're flying too? you going to where i'm going? i wonder where you're from and other random thoughts i'm sure goes through their head.
We landed in Heathrow and had to go through security. It was the MOST inefficient security i have ever gone through.They have one metal detector at each station. As i walked through the metal detector, the thing went off and i literally got felts up by the security agent. All over my body.Then they proceeded to open my bags and go through each item. I'm sure the lady going through my bag wondered how i was able to fit everything i had in there.
Anyway, i sat down at a sitting area and logged on to Wifi. Sent some emails, talked to a couple of people and made my way to the terminal from which i would be flying to Accra. However, I made several observations in Heathrow; -British men LOVE skinny jeans. like LOVE. i don't think i've ever seen this many skinny jeans in one setting at one time
-I cant quite put my finger on it, but their (brits as a whole) mannerisms are really weird.
-I can't tell if they are nicer than americans or just more polite.
-That accent gets annoying
I'm pretty sure i'm jetlagged because i am extremmeeeely tired! My body feels sleep deprived and sore! i hope the bed i will be sleeping on is comfy because i'm not about this at all. I also have this headache which i'm sure is the result of my tiredness.
I am now at gate C62.The gate i will be flying to Accra from. I think it's odd that this terminal is located in the backkk of the airport. Like it's hidden from the rest of the airport and isolated from everyone else. [Things that make you go Hmm.] There are, of course, several Ghanians here and other black people. i recognize a family who flew on the same flight with me all the way from Boston. Funny thing about black people flying.When you walk by, they all give you this look like oh, you're flying too? you going to where i'm going? i wonder where you're from and other random thoughts i'm sure goes through their head.
No comments:
Post a Comment