Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Top 5 excuses which people use

Excuses are the tools used to built monuments of nothing...

For the record, i hate excuses. Almost as much as i hate lies. Anyone who really knows me knows how much i hate lies so if i hate excuses, that's a lot of hate. All of us make excuses from time to time but there are some which are just unwarranted an unnecessary. I'm going to keep this kinda short but here are a couple which are annoying.

5. My phone died

No it didn't. They either a) forgot to call back b) didn't want to call back or c) don't care about talking to you anyway. If someone calls you, it is courteous to call back even though they are the last person on God's green earth you want to talk to.

4. I was just about to dial your number...

Yea right. Try again (i'm guilty of this one)

3. The distance is too much

Sigh....Boy likes girl. Boy lives in Chicago and girl lives in California. Boy refuses to date girl because of distance. Now before you jump and attack me for this one, hear me out. I understand that some people are accustomed to dating people who live in their own state. who isn't? There are the benefits of seeing your significant other more frequently if you are in the same state than if you are in different states. BUT!! if boy and girl have undeniable chemistry, get along flawlessly and have compatibility only made in relationship heaven, why let something like distance get in the way??????????????????????????????????????????????????? I have never done the long distance thing but to be honest, if i am talking to someone who lives several states away and they were serious about dating me, why not?! life is short! Why give up on a great person because they live hours away from you? I think it would be exciting to travel between states to see your s/o. I understand the disadvantages to dating long distance but if you are easily willing to give up on someone simply because you live hours away...please go somewhere with that

2. My car broke down

Wow this one is a classic. Some of my acquaintances uses it at work countless times to explain their tardiness and for some reasons, their bosses buy it! I think it's funny

1. I'm busy

I could probably write a book about this excuses and this is why it is number 1. If someone tells you they are too busy to communicate with you, you might as well go ahead and assume the following a) you are not a priority to them (see previous) b) they are not that into you c) why even bother?
In my opinion, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS BEING TOO BUSY to talk to someone. NONE. This is the most bullshit excuses in the history of excuses. I don't care what your job description is. There is NO way that in 2010 where we have FB, skype, texting, bbm, twitter, email and the other 15000 ways to contact someone, you cannot pick up a phone for 3 mins and say hello or even send a text message. i REFUSE to believe that anyone is THAT busy. This all goes back to my previous post. Priorities. You make time for who you consider to be important. If a man is trying to get a woman to like him, he will call this woman every night and every morning and not call his mother for a month. When his mom asks why she hasn't heard from him, he says "but ma, you know how busy i get..." This excuses makes me sick and if you are one of the people who use it....God bless you

People who use excuses don't amount to anything. And that's all i gotta say about that!

Peace&love

1 comment:

  1. I seriously love you for this. You have just taken all my thoughts and wrote them down. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete