Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Living in the moment

Life here is simple. I wake up, i go to work and i come home. Sometimes i go out with a friend and sometimes i don't. Things are simple. and i like it. 

When i wake up, i don't feel stressed. Maybe it's because i'm not in school. Maybe it's because of the wonderful weather. Or maybe it's because i simply love living here. 

When you are taken out of your comfort zone, it's human nature to be cautious, always alert and aware of everything in your surrounding. Here, it seems like i've been brought back to comfort, meaning america is out of my comfort zone. I'm unusually very uptight but with the help of a good friends, good food and good drink (lol), i am learning to truly let go and just live in the moment. 

It is one of the most liberating feelings to just LIVE without worrying about getting home too late or worrying about what you have to do in the morning or worrying about the 100 things you have to do. I don't miss that. I don't miss it at all. I've made up my mind that i want to live here for at least a year or two. Every time i think about the fact that i have to go back to the states, i am covered by a cloud of darkness... ok, i'm dramatic, but tis true!

No comments:

Post a Comment