Time Flies!
It is already winter here. We didn't really have an autumn, we just went right into the cold. In this and the next few months to come, there will be a lot less sun and a lot more cold. This makes me think about how weather affects mood. There are a lot of people in this country who suffer from seasonal depression and i'm really starting to believe it..(i didn't believe in depression). I come from a country where depression is a myth and cannot be classified as a pathological ailment. When i wake up in the morning and there is no sun out, i can feel my mood change. I become a lot more tired as the day drags on and i am just less cheery. When the sun is out, i can't wait to get out of bed. Usually at this time of the year, i am worrying about my midterms and waiting for thanksgiving break. But i am no longer a student in an academic institution. I work in one. And although i occasionally miss the care-free life i led as an undergrad, i am beginning to embrace my "adultship" because. It's really not that bad. This acceptance is recent but like i always say, better late than never. I am currently composing this post at work because 1) my boss is on vacation and 2) I would rather blog than do work! lol
This month, like every month, i have set some personal goals for myself. I want to be healthier this month. I need to stop eating like i'm still 17. I also need to start exercising. I realized last night that i haven't done any kind of meaningful exercise since APRIL of this year. That does not reflect the fact that i am an athlete at all. I wish i had the time to exercise though. I thought about waking up in the morning to do it but who am i kidding?? i love my sleep way too much. This month, i am re-evaluating the relationships i have with certain people and asking questions like "who are you to me" and "why do we communicate"?. I have also learned one very important lesson this month. Not only this month but last month as well. NEVER and i mean NEVER ignore your instincts! They are always right. If every bone in your body is telling you not to do something, take heed and listen! There's a reason why God blessed us with free will and just because you have free will doesn't mean you should freely will yourself to do everything your heart is telling you not to. I will try my best to acomplish my goals and keep learning my lessons one day at a time.
Sweet November
Peace&love :-)
love it...u have a beautiful style of writing and i have always followed your posts
ReplyDelete