Monday, May 24, 2010

Unemployment woes

I am now a college graduate. great. wonderful.

But is it really as wonderful as everyone is making it seem?

You wanna know the worst part about graduating? The "graduation conversation" which goes as follows

Person: Congratulations on graduating!!!! I'm soo proud of you *gushing*
Graduate: Aww thank you!
Person: So what's next?
Graduate: *stutter*....uh...working....and/or going to school soon.....
Person: do you have a job? what do you want to do
Graduate: *more stuttering*......something umm..yea something around my field....
Person: that's good...well...congrats
Graduate:....*sigh*

I have come to truly despise that conversation because i know i will be having it a hundred times with a hundred people. ugh. Since graduation, my days have become full of hours playing with my hair, followed by hours of watching Grey's anatomy and even more hours spent job searching. Graduating with honors doesn't guarantee shit! It only means you have a piece of paper which says you can now call yourself "college educated". I used to pray for more time. Time i could use to do other things and have fun other than school work. Now, i have all the time i could need and not a damn thing to do. Ain't that some shit? Being unemployed SUCKS. It's terrible! As a person who likes being productive, this is not a good thing for me because then my mind starts to wander...and go places where it doesn't need to go! I NEED a job and i need one NOW. I need some damn $$$$ to support my craving for shoes and other luxuries, damnit. It is tiring being unemployed. Yes, the economy sucks and the job market is awful but i CANNOT, for the life of me, sit this way for much longer. i WILL go crazy! Heck, i feel like i'm losing it already! No wonder people who can't find jobs become depressed/suicidal. No no, i'm neither and definitely won't get to that point but damn, this reaaaaaaaally sucks! I pray and hope this situation changes and changes real soon! Smh.

peace&love

1 comment:

  1. i completely understand u. i'm scared when i graduate next year no medical skul will take me immediately and i'll work a couple years first :( anyway as long as we rich when we 40 huh? lol

    ReplyDelete